Caffeinated Dreaming

In order to see, one must first Believe...

Search This Blog

Monday, May 20, 2013

The British Queen

This isn't mine-- it's a friends. But I wanted a place to put it permanently, to share its worth....


If I die youg
Which I will
Be not sad

You will die young as well

You will join me in my timeless  existence
We will not live, but we will know how
Love was close but death will close
The final chapter on our last bow

The eternal Something
Which could be Nothing
Either a gaping black hole
Or a god of pure white souls
The options are truly bizarre

In Oblivion's wretched grasp
Our memory could soar and sink
Dragging out to the clear we are so desperately near
Screaming out for someone to drink

To drink
To drink
Too much
Too much
To come to us at last
And join us in the blackness
That has become our past
And our voices yell and beg and cry
He hears us in his head
Clambering up to the top to bring it to a stop.
He joins the existence of the dead

In God's clean white and eerie court
His campaign is going strong
Fighting for fear and punishments severe
We step into the throng

I listen intently as he presents his speech
In the hard wooden chairs I abhor
And I feel a sharp pain, and knowing there's nothing to gain
I bleed the mark of a whore

I bleed
I bleed
Too much
Too much
It pours out from my soul
The white chair is stained in sin unrestrained
My skin turns black as coal
He loves me no more,
His mantra does break
I fall from Heaven's tight grip
They all wave goodbye, put my face on some signs
My blood is tuned down to a drip

This life is divine
Not Heaven's confines
We have been built to perplex
I could be God
Or you could be God
Or we could all be Oblivion next

For in this world:

We sin like the best
Cry and scream like the rest
Yet still
We continue
To live

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment!